Here are a couple updated photos.
Overnight Caramel French Toast
French Baguette, better if it's one day old
--you may use French Bread but it is not as effective bcse it absorbs more of the egg mixture
1/3 C milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 C brown sugar
6 Tbsp butter
1/3 C whipping or heavy cream
1 Tbsp corn syrup
1. Slice bread into 1-1/4" pieces.
2. On medium heat, heat all caramel sauce ingredients just until the butter melts. Do not boil.
3. Pour into 9x13" glass dish.
4. Combine all egg ingredients into a shallow dish. Dip bread slices and coat both sides.
5. Place in 9x13"dish.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
7. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
8. It will be hot! Serve and scrape up some the caramel and drizzle even more on. Then when everyone is finished go and lick the plate. Not your plate, the casserole dish. I am not kidding.