Again, my mother-in-law gave us this recipe. She has so many great ones! This make a HUGE batch, so if you'd like, you can halve it (I've done so for you). Why are these the best? Well, first of all, they are simple to make. Second, the flavor is perfect with the combination of white and brown sugar. And lastly, because they are a touch crispy on the edges and perfectly gooey in the middle. I like to make a full batch of these and freeze half for school lunches and then use about 1/3 of the batch to use for my Butterscotch Cookie Dough Fudge Bars. Please note about making a full batch......do so if you have a stand-up mixer because the hand beaters cannot handle the amount of dough the large batch creates.
Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 90 cookies (FULL batch) / 45 cookies (HALF batch)
- 1 lb butter (4 sticks)/1 C butter
- softened, almost melted (if I did not leave my butter out beforehand I melt it in the micro for about 30 seconds)
- 3 C brown sugar/ 1 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 1/2 C white sugar/ 3/4 C white sugar
- 3 eggs/ 1 1/2 eggs --at room temperature
- (I usually just try to break it over a bowl and take out half, or when I break it pour out half the yolk and half the white)
- 2 Tbsp vanilla/1 Tbsp vanilla
- 6 C flour/ 3 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt/ 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda/ 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 C chocolate chips/ 2 C chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 360 degrees.
- In a large bowl (see note in description above) combine the butter and both sugars. Cream well until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing in between each addition.
- Add vanilla. Mix.
- Add dry ingredients. It will be very thick and hard to mix.
- Add in chocolate chips, mix with a spoon.
- Bake, on ungreased baking sheet, for 8-11 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE. The tops should be lightly brown in areas.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow cookies to settle for 5 minutes on cookie sheet.
- Carefully remove from pan and allow to cool on cooling rack.
- Enjoy warm with a glass of milk!
- Keep stored in airtight container.