Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

RECIPE OF THE WEEK



PUMPKIN WAFFLES (or pancakes)

I made these for my son's birthday today. I would suggest not drenching them with maple syrup like I did because then you can't taste the wonderful pumpkin flavor. Both of my kids ate them up! Thanks to my SIL Steph and her roomie for this recipe! They are delicious! Not too sweet or heavy and still capture that autumn flavor.

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
2 T firmly packed brown sugar
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/4 t. nutmeg (optional)
1/4 t. salt
1 large egg
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 T butter, melted

In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients until well blended. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture just until evenly moistened. Griddle should be set at 350 or frying pan over medium heat. Butter the pan. Or spray waffle griddle and make into waffles.

(My roommate, Mary, the founder of this recipe, loves to put whipped cream on top of them. But they're great with just syrup) or just sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow these sound good! Hey, I have an awesome recipe for chocolate chip pumkin cookies, they are very,very yummy! (my family's favorite!) We experiment with different chips; milk chocolate, toffee, peanut butter, all of them, etc. I'm gonna make the waffles, yum yum!

    ReplyDelete