Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 18, 2011

Smoot Poots




I love country style breakfast. Don't you? This is a recipe from the mid-western states, I believe, hence the unique name. It comes from my husbands side of the family who hail from Wisconsin and Indiana. I have grown to LOVE this recipe over the years. I have modified it to make a little healthier by substituting the sugar with honey and oil with applesauce, and you cannot tell the difference! These are easy, hearty and healthy and delicious!




Smoot Poots
Yield: 6 large pancakes

2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups oatmeal, slow cook kind
2 Tbsp honey
1/3 cup applesauce
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder

In a large bowl combine oats and milk. Let soak for 5 minutes. Then add remaining ingredients and mix. Fry up on a griddle or frying pan. Top with applesauce and syrup. Enjoy!






Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment