I was looking for an alternative recipe for zucchini and I found a lovely stuffed zucchini dish on Pinterest. I made a few alterations to it.
Couscous Stuffed Zucchini
adapted from Kayotic Kitchen
1 large zucchini
1 cup prepared couscous, cooked in chicken broth
1 small onion, chopped
4 slices bacon, crumbled
1 tomato, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp basil, fresh, chopped
1 Tbsp sour cream
1/4 tsp curry powder
1. Wash and cut zucchini lengthwise. Gut it by scraping out innards. Set aside.
2. Fry bacon. Meanwhile, chop onion. Once bacon is cooked fry onion and garlic in some of the bacon grease. Add chopped tomato.
3. Prepare couscous by following instructions on package, in 1 cup chicken broth. Set aside.
4. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stuff inside zucchini.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until soft, in a glass dish.
6. Remove from oven, top with cheese and garnish with parsley.